View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 12:28 AM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriouslee View Post
If what they state is correct, traffic from divatraffic would be guest users, on cb called anonymous viewers much like the anonymous viewers from embedded cb rooms on other websites. These do not change room position on chaturbate. Bots are registered but non human user accounts, these determine the position of the room and therefore the cb user traffic.
The bot nets we see now clearly belong to some studios, mainly Eastern European studios or are in control of them plus "private" bot nets used by single performers like mykinkydope.

Having read at ambercutie someone stated that Streamate used to have a quality problem too a while back and fixed it (don't know how though). Eastern European performers get a lower payout there, because of too many cases of fraud and user complaints for that region. Changing payout however could even be counterproductive on cb, just create more bot accounts then.
Streamate requires a credit card for free registration.

Chaturbate developers can configure the captcha to be more secure: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/settings

Ultimately, like other problems, it all boils down to: does chaturbate want to fix this. I can think of reasons like: what if it's someone's objectives to maintain a certain amount of sign ups, one's objectives can vary depending on management and role (account manager vs marketing vs engineer).
And what if those bots click the banners? then why would cb get id of them.

This is all speculation, that's all we have. I reported a similar issue to another sponsor with a more interactive support after I recognized a pattern in the usernames being created on my whitelabels (cleary bots) and they didn't care. (maybe it is a success figure for account managers: my affiliates create x registrations / month)

EDIT:
Ultimately I think only monitoring can work because the captcha can be bypassed by using humans to create accounts (it's easy to outsource mass workforce), by the way I just remembered cb has a PPL program, surely they have some sort of security in place to prevent this from happening. This is a huge concern too. Anyone?