View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 03:30 AM  
seriouslee
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexl View Post
In my view, affiliates (which is everyone nowadays: webmasters, models, users, studios, etc) can use content provided by Chaturbate promotools.
These notices I see everywhere are preposterous: "you can't use anything or I'll sue your ass for a million dollars".
For example, the JSON feed returns a snapshot of the show as well as various basic information.
So this workflow does not make sense: model bio info -> cb api feed -> webmaster's website -> dmca notice

When models sign a release form to hand over copyright to a producer the models don't normally come back to the producer or its affiliates that would kind of defeat the purpose. I assume logically it is the same with Chaturbate: the rights are given to Chaturbate (some sort of a model agreement). So why those self made dmca signs?

It would be different if a model had her own independent website, with own source of traffic, but this is not the case.

What's your view on this?
It is not explained anywhere in the performer agreement what promotional tools cb gives webmasters. We have an option "appear on networks sites" in our privacy settings, default setting is "yes". That's it. Now you have girls "I wanna make 100 dollars for a holiday", studio girls, girls with no English knowledge etc. The result is a mess of course.

DMCA's can be sent, because it is not always easy to differentiate between cb affiliates and pirate sites, you would have to look into the source of the website. Too complicated for many girls, studio managers, dmca companies etc. Also when a girl changes the setting to "No" after having broadcasted for a while with "yes" the promo pictures, videos etc. do not disappear, cb does not send a "signal", that performer xy has now opted out.
Search machines are basically full of pirate sites, three big piracy networks are in the center of it, one webmaster of these, securom, is even a member here.
seriouslee is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote