Old 03-22-2019, 05:19 AM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Damage View Post
Thats a good quesstion and I would like to hear a word about this from Steve
Yes exactly.

A good usage of DMCA take down is for when a show is recorded and then uploaded onto a tube where it has no right to be. (No need for a logo to know this)
In my experience however, models have been using it in places where it is totally legitimate like for example: a cam feed on a blog.

I can understand their confusion but where I get confused myself is that ironically I had received take down notices in the past for using iframes provided by Chaturbate themselves.

I think those big "DMCA Protected" logos on model's profiles is just a sell point from those businesses selling bio designs, it kind of make it sound like models will feel protected if they pay for the bio with that logo.

There is a whole business made around that dmca thing where some models pay hundreds of euros each month to some companies who do 2 mn work (sending out templates for take downs.) This is inefficient in my opinion since videos are being re-spawned and re-indexed, which is great for these "protection" companies who can then charge by the month.

Anyhow, long story short: my view is when a broadcaster digitally signs an agreement to perform on Chaturbate, the copyright is Chaturbate's and thus it is up to CB to handle this and it definitely does not make any sense whatsoever to ask a webmaster to take down some content that was provided by them.
A small downside also is the user experience: those logos are ugly