View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 04:53 PM  
Holy Damage
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexl View Post
Thanks. That makes sense:

In my view, affiliates (which is everyone nowadays: webmasters, models, users, studios, etc) can use content provided by Chaturbate promotools.
These notices I see everywhere are preposterous: "you can't use anything or I'll sue your ass for a million dollars".
For example, the JSON feed returns a snapshot of the show as well as various basic information.
So this workflow does not make sense: model bio info -> cb api feed -> webmaster's website -> dmca notice

When models sign a release form to hand over copyright to a producer the models don't normally come back to the producer or its affiliates that would kind of defeat the purpose. I assume logically it is the same with Chaturbate: the rights are given to Chaturbate (some sort of a model agreement). So why those self made dmca signs?

It would be different if a model had her own independent website, with own source of traffic, but this is not the case.

What's your view on this?
Thats a good quesstion and I would like to hear a word about this from Steve
Holy Damage is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote