View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 11:20 AM  
cbarnaby

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexl View Post
Aren't sponsors engineering ways to move customers from wl to branded sites? So promoting in the same directions than them seems more logical.

I was not trying to point out that whitelables are better than promoting the main sites, I was just showing what I see as being the advantages over promoting the main site, because this is what you wanted to know: 'what good it is to use a whitelabel instead of sending traffic directly to their main brand'

Quote:
Beside, I see many issues: for one, chaturbate logo is all over the place.

A big disadvantage indeed, and it is also used by other cam sites, too (at least one that I know for sure). And you forgot that besides the watermark, during broadcasting, some girls are very 'proud' to wear a white T-shirt with the name 'chaturbate' on it. Big disadvantage for whitelabels!

Quote:
So back to whitelabels: when a surfer on your whitelabel clicks on a model's affiliate link you just lose him, she wins the first cookie on the chatubate.com domain even though you are at the origin of the traffic.

I have never worked with chaturbate, but I think you only lose the member if he makes a new account on chaturbate and uses that account to buy tokens directly from chaturbate. Because as long as he is on your whitelabel, he should be generating commissions only for you. So just by clicking the affiliate link, that does not make you lose him, as long as he is still buying from your whitelabel.

If the above is not true, then chaturbate is not playing fair.

Quote:
I see your point. Models have been empowered by sponsors, they even have dedicated websites (at jasmin). I think if a model (or studio) sees a whale is paying from your whitelabel, it won't take long before he is "invited" to use her site.

Everything you stated is true. Although I believe it is against jasmin's rules to allow a model to send a member outside of the main platform (i.e her jasmin dedicated site). But then again, they can easily close their eyes when it is to their advantage.

Quote:
They are driven by profitability, they don't want stale members on your side: not only they have to pay you the commissions, but they depend on you.

Again, another true statement. All main sites should properly reward the people making them money, not using shaving techniques on them. Keeping them happy and motivated, so that they can do more and more for the main site and for themselves.

Quote:
Also, I don't know if cb whitelabels are domain based, I know livejasmin works like that but on cb if a member signs up on your wl, he can sign in cb or another wl with the same username. I really think it is just a tie to the username. TBC.

A member registered on a jasmin whitelabel can also login directly on jasmin with the same account, without even having to create a new one. And then you lose him, although he is still using the same account he had on the whitelabel. This is way too unfair! Jasmin also uses many clothing items and other stuff which have the jasmin brand on them, plus watermarks on every picture in the gallery (except profile ones), and the models are encouraged to use those branded clothing items and the other ones in free chat and in their picture and video galleries, to tempt the whitelabel members to visit jasmin.

On the other hand, a member registered on a jasmin whitelabel cannot login on another jasmin whitelabel. If chaturbate members can jump around from one whitelabel to another, it is disadvantageous, but not as disadvantageous as jumping from a chaturbate whitelabel to the man site.

Quote:
since everyone is in the game now, there is too much conflicts of interest, we should work together as opposed to against each other.

Wiser words have never been spoken before!

Quote:
I think I remember jasmin had an awesome program with no lifetime, it was a rev share based on a 15 days cookie. The good thing about this is the same pool of customers is always available to all, so if you keep promoting, you keep making $ and noone is keeping the whales for himself. This means there is no more incitement to reassign members and thus less frustrations.

I tend to disagree, it is just my view, and I will explain why.

If my efforts managed to convert a member and he turned out to be a whale, I want him to generates income for me for the rest of his life (assuming he buys until he dies from so much jerking-off). But this cannot be done in the current days, when the main sites try to take the whitelabel members away from the webmasters, so that they can take away their commissions.

Quote:
Another solution would be to only allow REAL webmasters to be affiliates. Having a real website to begin with being a condition to apply.

I second that.

Quote:
Agreed, I don't want to spend my days scouting the site to report models.
Layout should not be altered that's just common sense, and for policing they have employees but really, all this could be enforced technically.

I think everyone would agree to this as well.

To sum it up, the main sites are our competition, not our business partners, that is a fact.
cbarnaby is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote