Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarettah View Post
This is probably why you can't do it:

https://webcamstartup.com/chaturbate-profile-design/

Thanks. That makes sense:

Quote:
Once designed, the Camgirl Live Editor will generate the code snippet to paste in your Chaturbate bio, and everything will appear exactly how you designed!
I previously saw this:
camgirl.cloud/plans/chaturbate/

I was unsure how they charge a monthly subscription vs a one off.

btw, I read one of the features is "DMCA editable text". So basically you can write anything that flies in your head: "I'm the king of the world!"

This is another topic I'd like Steve to step in to kindly comment on.

In my view, affiliates (which is everyone nowadays: webmasters, models, users, studios, etc) can use content provided by Chaturbate promotools.
These notices I see everywhere are preposterous: "you can't use anything or I'll sue your ass for a million dollars".
For example, the JSON feed returns a snapshot of the show as well as various basic information.
So this workflow does not make sense: model bio info -> cb api feed -> webmaster's website -> dmca notice

When models sign a release form to hand over copyright to a producer the models don't normally come back to the producer or its affiliates that would kind of defeat the purpose. I assume logically it is the same with Chaturbate: the rights are given to Chaturbate (some sort of a model agreement). So why those self made dmca signs?

It would be different if a model had her own independent website, with own source of traffic, but this is not the case.

What's your view on this?