View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 02:19 PM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnaby View Post
A whitelabel gives you the advantage of owning your own brand. If you already have an established brand, let's say brandylicious.com (jsut a made up example), then owning a whitelabel like brandyliciouslive.com or brandyliciouscams.com would make sense, because people already know about the name brandylicious, which is an established brand.
I get this, thank you for your detailed response but for the sake of discussion I have a few comments. Aren't sponsors engineering ways to move customers from wl to branded sites? So promoting in the same directions than them seems more logical.

Beside, I see many issues: for one, chaturbate logo is all over the place. Besides, cb is not just a brand, it is a vast community which broadcasters are proud to be part of so whenever they get a chance they post their link to chaturbate, some of them even get upset to show up on "other sites"!
Another prb is the whitelabel is not your site, it just looks like it is, so whenever you promote your whitelabel you send SEO juice to chaturbate instead of your site, essentially you work for them, and for free. (canonical url, google tag manager for remarketing, ..).

You can integrate chaturbate a little within your site using the feed but then every time a member registers and buys tokens, he is sent to the wl. (I already asked if they had an API to allow member registration or payment from my site)
When I tried the above and designed my own pages using the JSON feed that they provide, I was starting to get indexed in google but I had to stop because of the sheer amount of DMCA take down requests: incomprehensible since all content was indeed provided by chaturbate (promo tools).
On this: I don't even know why broadcasters have any say in the matter since they are signing up for Chaturbate (release) and agree to use the Chaturbate platform. If Chaturbate decides to send data for promo purposes and if they have a switch for models to sign out of this, why the heck do you receive dmca.

So back to whitelabels: when a surfer on your whitelabel clicks on a model's affiliate link you just lose him, she wins the first cookie on the chatubate.com domain even though you are at the origin of the traffic.

Quote:
On the other hand, if he is on a whitelabel, he can create as many additional accounts as he desires. You will get paid anyway, because the whitelabel is domain based tracking, unlike the main site, which is cookie based tracking. But since models are entitled to have their own affiliate program, they use any means to overwrite your cookie and to steal the already existing traffic and make it their own.
I see your point. Models have been empowered by sponsors, they even have dedicated websites (at jasmin). I think if a model (or studio) sees a whale is paying from your whitelabel, it won't take long before he is "invited" to use her site.

They are driven by profitability, they don't want stale members on your side: not only they have to pay you the commissions, but they depend on you.

Also, I don't know if cb whitelabels are domain based, I know livejasmin works like that but on cb if a member signs up on your wl, he can sign in cb or another wl with the same username. I really think it is just a tie to the username. TBC.

Quote:
Why should affiliate programs for models be discontinued? Because the model is paid anyway if she brings an outside member to her chat room and converts him into her fan. So it is still in her advantage to bring traffic to her room, with or without affiliate program. But webmasters survive only through affiliate programs, since they do not broadcast. So webmasters should be let to do their job, while models do theirs. All this 'revolution' in this thread happens for one reason: because models get affiliate commission, that is why everyone is pissed here, because they try to get that commission instead of focusing on making money by broadcasting. A model broadcasts, a webmaster sends traffic, this is the natural order of things.
I tend to agree with you, since everyone is in the game now, there is too much conflicts of interest, we should work together as opposed to against each other.
I think I remember jasmin had an awesome program with no lifetime, it was a rev share based on a 15 days cookie. The good thing about this is the same pool of customers is always available to all, so if you keep promoting, you keep making $ and noone is keeping the whales for himself. This means there is no more incitement to reassign members and thus less frustrations.

Another solution would be to only allow REAL webmasters to be affiliates. Having a real website to begin with being a condition to apply.

Quote:
And one more thing for chaturbate: webmasters should not be doing police work, meaning spying on models and searching for the ones that break the rules, and then contact the support to tell on them. They have more important things to focus on, like sending you traffic. The models should be notified via a pop-up message when they log in, it is as simple as that. And if they are caught breaking the rules, they should be punished, by temporarily closing their account, or taking a big percentage of their earning away, or... (fill in the blanks). It is a logical and fair solution. If it is not implemented, it is because chaturbate doesn't want to stop the stealing. Anyone can see that, and if someone doesn't se it, then he is either blind or has no business being a webmaster.
Agreed, I don't want to spend my days scouting the site to report models.
Layout should not be altered that's just common sense, and for policing they have employees but really, all this could be enforced technically.