View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 12:07 PM  
Bladewire
StraightBro

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseQuinn View Post
the first real capital R relationship started as what I thought was a one night stand so I'm not exactly an expert on the subject but I know this:

it is either right or it isn't. you two either work together or you don't. that can change over time, so figure out where you are in your head in the here and now and she needs to do the same

I got married to my partner (who always will be that, in one way or another) strictly for immigration purposes but we did have fun with the concept. the relationship part was the tricky one for me, esp trying to be a good corporate wife in the ultra-conservative Caribbean where the memory of that shit makes me want to scream

we have been separated for months and both hurt each other deeply in our own ways but aside from him staying married to me for immigration purposes we're seeing each other again. casually, my choice, enthusiastically on both our parts. the cute boys I see are actually jealous of my husband for having the bond with me that he does. not sure what the future will bring but he's not someone I can't not have in my life and I know he feels the same. life will unfold as to the shape that takes.

so is she the one? if so, roll up your sleeves and do the work and take your time doing it. if not, next.

Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote