View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 01:30 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
There's your failed logic again.

GFY was never a content producer based board.

GFY was predominantly an affiliate board. In the beginning it was so easy to be an affiliate anyone could do it by throwing up a web page on Google, get top ranking, make a lot of money. The reason the affiliate market failed, aside from tubes, is that it's more difficult for them to get ranking on Google and to make money. In order to be a successful affiliate nowadays you have to have a lot more properties be an SEO & social media expert, at a bare minimum you need to be very proficient.

The amount of activity on GFY has nothing to do with content producers, it's all about the failed affiliate segment of our industry.
Where did I claim it was anything but an affiliate board?

If there were more end users, there would be more business for everyone. But I guess I will have to make it plain for the dumber types here.

There was never a time when anyone could do it by throwing up a web page on Google. Because by that statement it would mean 1,000s were throwing up a web page on Google and getting top ranking on Google. The best traffic came from TGP sites, in fact so much traffic that unless you had a good TGP page, good content and listed you ended up losing money of BW charges. While other sites could afford to pay for adverts and top listings. Maybe that was your problem, lousy content.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote