Thread: Transferwise
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 07:22 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladida View Post
Ok, so we established you dont know what a virtual bank account is. Let's move on now.

The tos states what i wrote above. I've been using them for a little over a year now with adult, no problems. If what you're saying is true, then name that other company you're using so it can be back up. Does it have virtual bank accounts in different currencies?

Ok, let's see about that.

Lol, can you show that transaction? That did not happen, you are just too dumb do comprehend currency conversions

So, 1000 USD gets you around 870 eur on today's date. The fees are even listed on the site. It's quite embarrasing at this point. It goes along with "$1,000 usd sent from eu funds is about $875.00". You never explained what is "1000$ USD sent from eu funds" Poor guy doesn't understand currencies, he thinks USD is a global currency, just goes by counter name. EU$, Japan $, Chinese $, Russian $. It's all $, just prefix the country

He's lost in time and space.

Name them, i'm not married to TW, what is better then them (revolut isn't).
Looking down, I see lotsa bush but no tree in my forest. Hence, he is a she.

$1,000 usd sent from eu funds is $875. Let me break it down again. Someone in Europe theoretically owes me $1,000 usd. They send $1,000 usd to me. I get an equivalent of $875 eu funds. I lose 12.5% on that transaction. Then there are exchange fees to the processor. Each sets their own fee schedule and it doesn’t change due to conversion rates.

Granted, I might be using the wrong terminology, but I ran the $1,000 usd figure through at least eight processor websites and got the same results. Without fees, that is.

My foreign customers always paid via credit card and occasionally international money order. I’d call my bank, ask how much they had to pay so I’d get full usd due, and charge that amount. I had about two hundred customers out of the USA each issue of my magazine and more for paysites. I occasionally got foreign money in the mail. The exchange rate at the bank was ridiculous. More often than naught, I’d return it to my customer and request usd.

For online transactions, the banks pass on the charges so I’d get full payment.
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote