Thread: Transferwise
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 09:04 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
Transferwise

I saw it mentioned in another thread. I went to see the rates as compared to PayPal and merchant accounts.

Now I know the exchange rate varies but they say they use the average rate.

$1,000 usd sent from eu funds is about $875.00. That’s 12.5% approximately so I wonder what the exchange rates are in general. I know they charge a percentage fee but I didn’t find it yet.

I’d have to structure my fees and profits differently but charging foreigners more money seems greedy at first glance. I know it isn’t greed but consumers might not realize that the exchange rate is nuts.

A forty dollar order would cost $45 approximately. That isn’t too bad but larger orders will be hit hard. I could offer a ten percent discount on a future order but can’t let being nice affect my wallet.

Other than my merchant accounts aand PayPal, what other reputable company has decent rates for eu customers and doesn’t hurt me too badly? I’m hoping they use PayPal for convenience but demanding customers pay more money so I get paid the right usd amount just doesn’t sit right with me.

Besides recommendations, how do y’all deal with eu funds and being shorted money?
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote