View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 06:17 PM  
AmeliaG
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
So you believe bots that auto post hate to hundreds and thousands of Twitter accounts should not be censored? You think that hundreds and thousands of individuals should have to block those bots individually?

I believe that I should be able to opt out of the snail mail junk mail that keeps filling up my mail box, so much so that the mailman starts returning my legitimate personal mail to sender, but the post office doesn't afford me such luxury as the junk mail providers are a substantial amount of income to the postal service .

Platforms have a TOS that apply to everyone equally. When you break the TOS you are off the platform. You are against this. Why?
I believe in freedom of speech as a genuine value, not a legal technicality.

No social media company is qualified to decide what counts as good think.

I'm not graced to even have the hate topics on GFY in a different forum, even though the vast majority of users would prefer it. But I think people should be able to converse however they please, just not scream their opinions in my face with no way for me to get away.

I wish I could block promoted trends on sites like Twitter, but I don't have to block thousands of accounts there. I simply do not follow accounts which post things I don't like.

I was a guest speaker at SXSW the year they blew up there, so I've been on that platform for over a decade, longer than most users. Yet, for example, I've never seen a single Alex Jones tweet. They did not have to censor Alex Jones for me to not see his tweets.
AmeliaG is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote