View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 01:03 PM  
VRPdommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaG View Post
Not sure I totally get what extra security that is. I don't store people's credit card numbers, but it seems like maybe extra secure is better for SEO etc.
A SSL does not vouch for what you do for/with user data.
It vouches that data transferred between your site and the user is not 'easily interceptable'.
It's just about the data transaction process using encryption and registration for a basic level of assurance.

It basically says that your data gets to the correct recipient without any other eyes on it.
What happens once delivered is not part of the process.

The encryption says while you might see it, you can not read it.
The issued certificate issued to you can/will be verified in the process seamlessly in the beginning of any data transaction.

It keeps anyone from seeing what is sent/received between 2 targets (no man in the middle).

You can have higher levels of encryption. And they will continue to increase that level with time as computers get faster. As I might be able to capture that info as a man in the middle and spend time breaking the encryption to obtain sensitive information contained for example.

Probably the best I can do to explain it.
VRPdommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote