View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 07:44 AM  
mopek1
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Scam or Attempted Scam by user "Statiztics"

I created a thread yesterday asking for a Paypal to Paxum exchange.

User: Statiztics PM'd me and told me he/she would do it.

Sent the money $275 via Paypal.

Statiztics said they couldn't send me the Paxum as the Paypal transaction was not marked "complete"

I told them that it showed as complete on my end.

Then they changed their story and said funds were complete but "unavailable"

After some more PMs I asked for a refund.

Refund sent but was "pending" until 8 days from now. I looked up Paypal's site and found this:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/...s-work-faq3248

Basically it says that if I pay with my PP balance, which I did, then a refund should be instant or at the very latest given by the end of the same day. It then says that if the pending refund is scheduled to take 3-5 days or more it means it has to come from the person's bank account.

Conclusion, the refund is coming from Statiztics bank account which means they withdrew the money which means they lied about the transaction. Paypal's website also mentions that if they are not able to secure the funds then the refund will be marked as "cancelled" ... which is what I am afraid of.

So I filed a dispute and am letting everyone here know, so that nobody here can be scammed by him/her again.

I accept full responsibility for this. I was just in a bit of a rush with a lot going on but should have done more due diligence.

I don't understand how a person registered here since 2003 is willing to ruin their reputation and future business opportunities over a measly sum?

I gave this person fair warning that I would open a PP dispute and post on GFY - to give them a chance to explain a bit better or work it out - and their response was to be outraged.

So here we are.
mopek1 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote