View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 11:32 AM  
VRPdommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I am white too. I grew up in a white white white community. We had one black kid in our school; Other than that I had never interacted with another black person. We had no Muslims, Indians, Asians, Hispanics... Nothing. The only minority we had were 2nd generation Italian families.

My world changed the moment I landed in Paris Island for Marine Corps Boot camp and suddenly I was in a whole new world.

I don't care what people are. I don't care about the color of their skin, what god they pray to, or what they do in the bedroom. So long as no one hurts me or my family, it's all one and the same.

My neighbor across the street is from Egypt. He is a highway patrol officer. When a huge branch fell from my tree and I couldn't deal with it, he came over with his chain saw, cut it down into little pieces, loaded it into his truck, and took it all to his work with him and got rid of it.

People are people no matter what color their skin is.
Your story is familiar.
All of my life, I have promoted the idea that we are all in this together.
And if you allow anyone to belittle anyone else over race, religion, social status, etc, you might find yourself on the bad end of it if it is allowed to fester.

But Not sure we should continue in this thread as is off topic.

The point I was making in this thread is how we got here with the media taking advantage and or promoting issues that exemplify the problem.
The sad reality is someone is paying them to do so.

This is why the corporate world does not want you to know who they are donating to.
I want them to be able to give to whom they wish but I want to know the amounts and when.

They fear boycott and they should. I boycott all kinds of co's, but I do not promote those in public.

Should I add that the Koch Bros advertise a lot of their complex company's on Fox.
VRPdommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote