View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 08:50 AM  
celandina
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanG View Post
i had replied to Amelia in a different place, so i found it pointless to copy & paste my answer here

but yeah - thanks to a few people the content business at least for licensing is mostly ruined.

the other reason is paysites giving 10-20 min videos to tubes - so why should tubes buy content when they get fresh stuff for free.

so first tubes put smaller paysites (who used to license content) out of business - now the remaining paysites put content providers out of business.

and if people complain why there is nothing new to license - those above are the reasons.

We are agreeing in principle. I doubt that any legit producer would give to tubes 20 min clips unless they are suicidal. We do ourselves to all major tubes, but the clips ( rather excerpts from our movies) are 3 to 5 min each to a max of 3 excerpts from a 90 min. movie. We also DMCA all tubes which show ANY clips of ours longer then 9 minutes with an ID of our site. ALL clips which are not identified are DMCA'd.

We are what could be considered a small paysite ( VOD streaming ONLY our original content) and are doing OK with a good conversion rate, but you are correct, most of our stuff is illegally shared on various file sharing sites and albeit we try, it is quite difficult to police. We issue about 10 DMCAs per day. So, go figure, in the long term we are going to loose because these gangsters are protected by everybody, but mainly by VISA and MCH and most of them even by PP. It is like a cancer which eventually will eat also the tubes ( just look how many here are for sale) and eventually the file sharing sites as they will have nothing new to share. Then, the process will start again from the beginning.

I am sure that there are legit licensors, but most of them now are recycling the same stuff over and over and trading with others to create this legitimate Ponzi like scheme and very few ( for obvious reasons) are investing money into new content. In my view this is the single reason why everywhere you look you'll see the same stuff.

So as I have said to the OP, make it and sell it your self or make it and sell it to very selective group of paysite owners not to these mass agregators.
celandina is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote