View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 10:13 AM  
DukeSkywalker
The Boogeyman

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaG View Post
In 2019, do you think there is still any value is licensing nonexclusive content? Although we produce a lot in-house, I used to license a lot of content as well, but I'm seeing less available for license which would suit.

Are there fewer content producers licensing content today? Who are your favorites among those left standing?

As a photographer, I shoot, of course, for the sites in SpookyCash, but I've freelanced for print and commercial work since the 90's. I never did the web licensing thing myself, mostly because I had the impression that a lot of my models wanted to be on my sites or in print, but might have different reactions to being on some of the more generic membership sites which used to exist. Most of the really templated stuff with only shovelware seems to be gone now though. A tube can deliver the shovelware experience better and for less.

Is there still life in the content licensing business model for either producers or membership sites?

No. Dont waste your time
I am he who causes Falcons to soar due south but no winds caused me.
I am he who has eyes, but not to see.
I am the ring wearer and apron wearer
I am he that carries a pointed staff and raises his fellows with certain grips and words
I am he that knows my brethren in the darkness as well as in the light

Mechanic / Fixer. Literally and figuratively
DukeSkywalker is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote