View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 01:31 AM  
MFCT
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I was researching about modifying model profiles and adding custom themes. Not that I'm interested in doing it. I'm just trying to find out exactly what can be done. The info out there is a bit sparse.

It seems the HTML for profile pages can be edited, modified, and customized. This is a great thing for allowing models to make their profiles unique. But can scripts also be added, or sneaked into the HTML?

The reason I ask is: chaturbate.com sets cookies. Now if someone were to load a customized model profile with an added sneaky script, could this script potentially overwrite pre-existing cookies with an entirely different set of cookies? And/or potentially alter the expire time of pre-existing cookies to "Now", causing the browser to immediately delete them?

I suppose the browser would allow these scripts to execute without throwing a red flag, since these requested actions are coming from the same domain that set the original cookies.

I'm just guessing here because I know nothing about it and could be completely wrong (and probably am). But I thought I'd throw this out there for discussion. Hopefully someone who knows better can correct me.