View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 06:03 AM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:

The key is in the terms and conditions:

Quote:
“Referred User” means an Internet user who creates a new Chaturbate user account as a result of clicking an existing user’s User Referral Link. Eligible users will receive a commission equal to 20% of Adjusted Gross Receipts paid by each of their Referred Users to the Site.
Nowhere it states "lifetime", this makes me think that this angle is covered from their standpoint.

Having said that, it seems preposterous or/and dishonest that anyone is eligible for referring a user from the platform. It is also encouraging all sorts of businesses that are shifting the earnings from honest and skilled webmasters to the pocket of sneaky unscrupulous folks. If this is permitted, it suggests a lot about the numerous ways they have to achieve this.

Generally speaking, in the cam site referring business, I am thinking maybe "lifetime" is not the best choice anymore. What do you think? This is why I suggested that cb cancels its lifetime program (they must lose a lot of money anyway) and replace it with a pure rev-share, this way the pool of customers remains available, and everyone remains active to promote. No saturation!