View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 12:30 PM  
OneHungLo
Colonizer

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifissio View Post
man I am starting to feel sorry for that kid, he needs to get a new PR agency, his scripted answers suck balls and make things even worse:

Since the incident occurred, more information about the Covington schools has come to light. Christian Bales, an openly gay student who was the valedictorian at one of the schools run by the Diocese of Covington in Kentucky, made news last year when he was told he was not able to give his planned speech at his graduation ceremony, according to NBC.

Bales spoke to NBC about the recent confrontation between Sandmann, the students, and Phillips, saying, "I was not surprised at all. It was only a matter of time that something this school community did would blow up to this degree, and I think they need to be held accountable." Bales also said the Diocese of Covington is "archaic" and that Sandmann's school is "notorious for being a not-well-disciplined school."

During the interview, when Guthrie asked Sandmann why he didn’t just walk away, he said, "Well, now I wish I would’ve walked away. I didn’t want to be disrespectful to Mr. Phillips and walk away if he was trying to talk to me. But I was surrounded by a lot of people I didn’t know that had their phones out, had cameras, and I didn’t want to bump into anyone or seem like I was trying to do something."

Sandmann told Guthrie he wasn’t smirking at Phillips, rather that he was trying to communicate that he wasn’t going to get aggressive and that he was "willing to stand here as long as you want to hit this drum in my face." He also believes that the people who are calling him racist and disrespectful have had to "assume so many things to get there without consulting anyone who can give them the opposite story."

More fake news. It just doesn't stop. Christian Bales didn't even go to that high school.

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

― Calvin Coolidge
OneHungLo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote