View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 05:02 AM  
RuthB
Let's Get Paxumized!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultKing View Post
$8.95 USD to withdraw to Australia using EFT. That's the same amount as it costs to process a foreign cheque at my bank.

Considering Ruth hasn't replied to my emails as promised regarding fees and MasterCard withdrawals not working it will be interesting to see if I get my remaining $30 AUD out of the account.

It started off at $105.73 USD

Then dropped 44.95 USD for a card I didn't receive.

Then dropped $30 USD for being idle while I couldn't withdraw by any means.

My remaining $30 USD becomes $30 AUD after the 8.95 USD withdrawal fee.

So $150.07 AUD becomes $30 AUD after fees.

Maybe Paxum might consider refunding the fees but I won't hold my breath, they can't even reply to emails when they promise to.
That's not an entirely accurate description of the situation...

The $44.95 USD card annual fee was charged for a card that was already in your possession. It was the 2nd year annual fee. There will be no refund for that.

We have full disclosure on our website of our fees and we clearly list that account maintenance is free unless there is no use for 180 days. We also announced this fee when it was first implemented. You did not use your account for 180 days and therefore you were charged the fee. There will be no refund for these fees.

I replied to your email a second time a short while ago. I had assumed that when I first responded to your email on December 20th to tell you I'd check into it that you would give me the necessary time to do so. Unfortunately the timing was a little delayed due to the holiday and a weekend in between.

Quote:
Update, Ruth replied to my email and it's all my fault the balance dropped so low. I've closed my account.
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect grown adults to take responsibility for their finances and be aware of fees they may be charged by financial services they use.

I'm glad you were able to use our new AUD EFT withdrawal option to withdraw your funds and as I said in my email, thank you for using Paxum at the times that you did. We're glad we were able to assist during your File Locker/Piracy fight days, and we appreciate your business and wish you well for the future.
RuthB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote