Thread: Tech How Do I Do This?..
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 04:14 AM  
magneto664
God Bless You

Industry Role:
Raspberry Pi or Raspberry Pi Zero (depending on what quality you want)
You can choose a USB camera for this (see which cameras choose cam girls) You can also use a standard HD camera for Raspberry Pi. You lock everything in the enclosure or window (I use my window so I do not need case) Tutorials on the internet are thousands, there are also ready-made scripts that you only configure. everything later automatically saves and works without a problem. The only limitation is USB memory (remember to always save photos on a USB stick).

he second option is any camera in the gopro style. gopro has time lapse : for example gopro 3+ hero very good quality to price . The only problem is the power supply. There are cases ready for it or you make a small hole (add some silicone and you give usb power) . you can do even through solar panels (to be clear solar panels and some battery)

Rasbbery Pi solution less than 150 gbp. I see gopro 3+ for less than 100 gbp on the ebay so total price will be same.
I do not remember what the interval is in the time-lapse gopro settings. You can set the Raspberry as you want. IMHO Raspberry has more configuration options (you do not need to run time lapse by night) You can setup a faster interval in the morning and slower in the evening etc. The problem is that you have to spend some time in setup and configuration.
magneto664 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote