View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 12:03 AM  
Grapesoda
your favorite band sucks!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
Out of curiosity is that last picture from after the fire burnt through or had the fire already burnt some stuff before you got away? Any idea how close behind you it was she you got the airlift? Seems very close in that one picture with the fireman running. Crazy stuff, lucky you got a air life like that, I can only imagine how bust those guys were.
here's the thing about any image I create, Im gonna cheat the lens to make it more dramatic. Im a pro shooter... the fire might have have been 60 yards, to the side but I swung the lens around when I was running and framed the fire in the shot to create the drama.

the fire coming up the road was different.., the heat from the fire was really hot and thats the fire I was running from. those fire fighters were some serious mother fuckers.

the hill I live on runs east west with the slopes facing north to the valley and south to malibu. the hill is maybe 300 yards long east to west and and varies north and south from 60 to maybe 80 yards down to 30 or 40 yards. I live on the east end close to the middle.

the fire came up the north face right at my place, the chopper took us off at the east end.