Old 11-15-2018, 01:01 AM  
thommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by notinmybackyard View Post
Stop going to coffee shops because you might get cancer from 2nd hand smoke
Stop having sex because you might get AIDS
Stop going out in the street because a car might hurt you.

Life has its risks and the odds are that you're more likely to be struck by lightening than killed in a mass shooting incident.
your logic is insane.
what you describe is MY RISK and I HAVE A CHOICE.

what we are discussing here is that SOMEONE ELSE decides that i get cancer, aids or die in a car accident.

my example was the correct one - yours is not.

you give a fuck on your society - you only care your own rights no matter how many people get killed just because this right exists.

this is exactly the problem why so many things goes wrong in your country because people are "national pride" on the constitution but when it comes to the society too many of you give a fuck on other lifes. you donīt care if people have medical care - you donīt care if people are living on the street, you donīt even care when other people get killed by your "wonderful rights".
national pride is just your alibi for being selfish. you have to learn that a society will never work like this.

the problems that are existing in your country you will not resolve with guns.

beside of that your understanding of the second amendment is completely wrong an illogical. give me just ONE example where "THE americans" would fight together against a government - just ONE.
what you are talking about is a civil war and not a self defense.
and in this war it will not be the smarter one that wins - it'll be the one who can shoot better. is this REALLY what you are referring to ?

I am pretty sure that the day will come where all this rightwing hardliners and supremacists think it is now the time to "clean up" THEIR country from all that is not white and not rightwing.
on this day it might even make sense that the others also have weapons with which they can defend themselves.
maybe someone will think afterwards that you could have avoided all this if none of the two parties had weapons but only arguments to get along with each other.