View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 03:10 PM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondFloor View Post
I came into the adult marketing space as a web developer. Before starting my own affiliate sites, I'd been employed working on marketing websites for different industries. So while I didn't have adult marketing experience, I felt like I knew enough about online marketing in general to give it a shot.

However, It's been my experience that the adult marketing world operates very differently from that of mainstream businesses. In short, it seems like theres a way higher abundance of spammy and low-quality sites intent on amassing huge amounts of traffic. I don't see a lot of pushing the envelope with better design, engineering, and marketing content. I don't see a lot of sites trying to be valuable to consumers - I see a lot of sites trying to trick people.

I'm not trying to trash the industry as a whole. There are absolutely great sites out there. But for every one of these there are 300 spammy wordpress blogs with illegible content - and some of these amass a huge amount of organic traffic even though they seem low effort and low value. The link-trading is very transactional. There isn't a lot of honest guest-blogging. Sometimes it feels like the only practical way to build up a link profile is through trading with low-quality sites, or paying for a hardlink.

Is my impression of adult online marketing correct? Is this really the way it is? Or am I looking in the wrong places and missing opportunities?
All kidding aside, you might have missed the entire point of adult marketing.

The reason why there are so many crappy sites is because there is zero entry barrier. Anyone can become an affiliate.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote