View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 10:20 AM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
I am so not taking a DNA test. My family history is "spotty" at best.

In short... My father was married in the early 1960s, had a daughter with his wife, then a week later had a son with another woman. This was "not allowed" in the 1960s. Four or five years later my mother met my father, had me, then died. Us three kids had no idea of any of this; It was completely hidden from us. My sister figured it out when she went to get her driver's license and discovered on her birth certificate her last name was Buss, which was changed a few years later when she was legally adapted by her step father. She had no idea the man she knew as her father wasn't in fact her father.

We've all met, although all three of us have never been together all at the same time. I don't speak to my sister much; She's become very religious after her fourth marriage. My brother and I get together once a year or once every other year, it's no big deal. It's kind of neat really.

But I don't want to do a DNA test only to discover everything we were told or everything we've discovered since is wrong. We also don't want any other brothers or sisters.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote