View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 06:51 PM  
TheSquealer
BANNED

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut x View Post
Yes, I believe the very core of the average Trump supporter... is racist. Pure and simple.
That is an extremely troubling view of 1/2 of the voting population of your own nation... including blacks and hispanics. Not to mention the fact that a massive % of blacks that voted for Obama, then voted for Trump.

That said, I believe in your right to believe it. I generally don't care what anyone thinks. It's part of what it means to live in a free country. But I draw the line when people start attacking me, my friends and my family and calling them vicious slurs which simply have no basis in reality and are not true.

That is an incredibly grim view and one that is very out of touch with reality.

It's not even something that can be defended with any reasonable argument.

Put yourself on the other side of your sort of remarks and grim view of your fellow Americans. What if everyone on the Right was saying day in and day out that you're a racist? After all, you made this racist thread. You're calling others racist. Race is the thing you're talking about. Race is one of the few constants of Democrats constant class warfare and identity politics.

What would your response be? You'd call it insane. I'd call that equally sad as everyone on the Left calling the Right "racist".

With respect to racism... it's quite simple to me. Morgan Freeman said it best. If you want racism to go away, stop talking about it. Stop calling anything and everything and everyone racist. It seems the Left needs this absurd rallying cry and the opportunity for non-stop virtue signaling to the fringe that it affords.

It has to be super troubling and difficult to reconcile the "every white conservative is racist" tunnel visioned view with the fact that the "Racist in Chief" gets to claim the lowest black unemployment numbers in recorded history and has ever growing support among blacks.

And of course, no one on the Right is upset about these incredible unemployment numbers for blacks.. which is odd.. cause after all, "racists" don't generally tend to celebrate and applaud those they hate.