View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 06:09 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna mo View Post
No Robbie. I don't at all see what you're saying. You're not even aware of the protocols in how SC judges are appointed, you really don't know about FBI background checks?
I JUST SAID they do background checks.

And I also pointed out that NO...they aren't "tasked" with INVESTIGATIONS of Supreme Court Justices as "standard protocol".

They did ONE investigation on Clarence Thomas in a highly heated political atmosphere.

There is NOTHING in the U.S. Constitution that says any of that has to be done. Not even the "background checks" (which our founding fathers would have found repulsive as the govt. invading a person's privacy).

And as I further pointed out...the FBI didn't even EXIST until a few decades ago.

You're kind of implying that one of the FBI's duties as standard operating procedure is that a Supreme Court Justice MUST BE INVESTIGATED (not background check...which Kavanaugh has already had SIX of those done by the FBI).
And to that I would say...how in the world did we have Supreme Court Justices for the first 100 plus years of the nation...since there was NO FBI? lol

I get what you are saying...there is exactly ONE precedent (Clarence Thomas) in which the FBI did an INVESTIGATION. It took THREE DAYS and they found Anita Hill's accusations to be false.
And yes, they now do BACKGROUND CHECKS (which are completely different than an investigation) on every govt. employee.

And as I said...Kavanaugh has had SIX of those FBI background checks performed over his years working with the govt.