View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 05:33 PM  
onwebcam
Fake Nick 1.0

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
I agree that there should be an investigation. I would be completely fine if she wanted to do a private committee meeting where she just reads a statement demanding an investigation and explaining her side of the story.

After the horseshit the Republicans pulled with Garland I don't mind the political tactics, but I do believe a person has the right to face their accuser. He and the committee at least deserve to hear her speak and give her side of the story even if there are no follow up questions asked.
"Third, as long as Ford’s counsel want to talk about regular, independent investigations, we should note that there is not a police organization in America that would entertain her allegation, in light of the lapse of time and the long-ago exhaustion of the statute of limitations. Professional investigators understand only too well the inherent unreliability of allegations raised in the manner Ford’s have been raised. The only relevance of this alleged incident is to a Senate function, so it is for the Senate committee to decide how to proceed."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...-must-testify/

Andrew McCarthy isn't just any journalist

Andrew C. McCarthy III (born 1959)[1] is an American columnist for National Review. He served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York.[2][3][4] A Republican, he is most notable for leading the 1995 terrorism prosecution against Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and eleven others. The defendants were convicted of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and planning a series of attacks against New York City landmarks.[5] He also contributed to the prosecutions of terrorists who bombed US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. He resigned from the Justice Department in 2003.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_C._McCarthy

He's also a Never Trump'er