View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 06:39 AM  
VRPdommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by $5 submissions View Post
Mid-terms election will be the test...

All polls indicate to a MASSIVE GOP WIPEOUT - as in a CRUSHING BLUE WAVE... Polls indicate 18%+ advantage....

Then again, polls have been wrong before
Polls are only inaccurate because you do not know who is actually going to show up to vote.
Which is exactly how trump managed a victory.
Sometimes it comes down to who has motivated the electorate to a higher degree.

Watch after the mid terms as the right begins to demonize whoever looks like the democratic front runner. (not sure they have one right now but it could be Liz Warren) and they will want to present as many negatives as they can (with correct or incorrect info but appearances are king) .
The methods, however distasteful, are very effective and is why they continue to do it election after election.
Can you keep some home from voting in the first place ?
I always turn out to vote. I may not vote every position or issue, but I am there to do that.
I'm not going to give up on a congressional / senate seat just because the presidential nominees are 'unattractive'. I advise everyone on both sides to think the same way about it.

Trump won on a mere 'less than 25%' of the general population that could have been registered and could have voted. Down only a few percentage points from normal but enough to make a difference.

There are 250 Million folks that are 18+ and citizens that could be registered and vote.
.............138 Million actually were registered AND voted.
.....almost 63 million actually voted for Trump

The majority do not rule if they take a pass. Don't become just some statistic.

I stress here that you need to be registered and at least tun out to have a influence of the thinking of who the politicians wish to cater to and limit what they think they might get away with. You don't participate, why should they care, you can't hurt them if you are not a least registered.
Don't make it so easy and cheap to be taken for granted.
VRPdommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote