View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 07:23 PM  
VRPdommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by $5 submissions View Post
Fascinating. So the next 2 years will show the REAL effects of the Trump presidency?
Yes but in politics, it's not about 'who done it', it's who to blame for it.

Republicans will blame trump. And I doubt many democrat's will be vocal and disagree.
It's very hard to point to 300 members of the house and have the public idendtify with that.
No,.... trump will be 'the man'. They have no alternative except Nancy Peolosi... LOL and I doubt even republicans would buy that. But you never know in today's world. But highly likely 'some blame' will be put on whoever becomes the democratic candidate for POTUS whenever that is decided.

But the entire congress shares the blame or credit.
POTUS/Trump can't spend money congress does not allocate. All spending starts in the HOUSE.
He can't / didn't make the tax cuts, but he put his sig on the legislation to enact what the house and senate passed. And it was not 'his plan'. But he did have the power to stop it.

But I did note what I think the play book will be in general when those tax cuts to the upper narrow percentage of the 'well to do' have there impact.
They will say, see, it's the democrat's spending to much and a new blame shift born.
Then, if they should regain majority again, focus on this new evil of deficit spending (from the lack of tax revenue) on cutting the budgets of the EPA, FDA and anyone who holds the power of regulation over biz. Stopping there ability to enforce whatever rules remain.
VRPdommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote