View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 05:34 PM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBottomTooth View Post
I like his "go" kits though. He threw some clothes and charging cords in a bag and called them "go" kits. Literally saved himself the 90 seconds it would take anyone to do that after they found out about an emergency situation. Congrats on saving yourself 90 seconds! You are now prepared for anything!
You don't seem to understand what a go kit is.

When we had the propane train fire here, they gave residents fifteen minutes to pack and leave. That sounds like a huge amount of time, right? Perhaps. But I was at home alone at the moment, and if I had to leave at that moment my daughter had been evacuated across town and my wife was at work - So suddenly I have to pack for three people. So now I have to pull out bags from two different rooms and pack for three people. We have two Android users and one iPhone user, so now I have hunt down chargers for our phones. Then we have laptops - Three different laptops, three different chargers, in three different locations... Two of them I have no idea where they are; The charger for my laptop is buried in my office closet because here at the house I use a base. You see where this is going? Now I have no idea what my wife would need for a week outside of the house. My kid - I have no idea where her unmentionables are so I would have ransack the kids room to find them. Then there is the dog, locking up the house....

If you told me I had to leave my house in the next sixty seconds, I can do it. Grab my lap top, lock the two doors that are open at this moment, grab my car keys, wallet, glasses, my go bag, boom, I'm gone.

The go bags have a bit more than a change of clothes and chargers. They also have my work boots (which I never wear), first aid kid, flash light, a list of emergency phone numbers, etc.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote