View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 07:52 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
When White People Call Themselves ‘Nigga’

Watching First and Last on Netflix, this white guy in jail calls himself ‘nigga’ and his homies the same, though they’re black. He’s in a room full of black guys, using the word over and over.

“Man, me an’ my niggas gots a trunkful of zans ‘n guns ‘n shit. Fuckin’ niggas be hidin’ the weed ‘n trippin’ ova the budz ona floor”. “My fren’ an his sista don’t need no shit so I be takin’ it all and said it mines. Dis nigga ain gonna fuck a nigga up.”

I hear this lying down with my eyes closed. I sit up, rewind, to see a 17-year-old white kid and couldn’t stop laughing.

Now, black people use it as a good friendly word, not disrespectful. But a white kid calling black friend niggas or himself nigga? Dat ain right, dogg. ;)

He talked like his friends. Others would say he talked like he was black. I hate that phrase so he mimicked his friends. Is it acceptable to the black people here for white folks to refer to you as niggas, or themselves as niggas? Is this word now lingo for a person with jive?!?!

It might be accepted in Georgia but, to me, it’s not right. Black people don’t own the word, but you’d not call someone black a Pole if they hung around Polish people or a black person a Rusky if they hung out with Russians.

In school, they’d say someone was “trying to be black” if they were like this. I’d say, “you mean growing a big dick? Or “trying to get a big butt?”and humor would diffuse the situation. Stereotypes annoy the hell out of me, obviously.
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote