View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 05:16 AM  
pimpmaster9000
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane View Post
I have been here 6 years now, and love it! The local people are very friendly, and it is much safer than the US. Food is good, and if you get sick of VN food there are plenty of western options. But it is not for everyone, being in the tropics it is very hot and humid.

Driving a scooter here can be dangerous but fun. If you have a pre-existing health problem I probably wouldn't come here to live. They are catching up, but still well behind with medical expertise. The locals can also be frustratingly slow and lacking in logic.

There are quite a few expats here, mostly from US/France/Aus. Also many Japanese and Koreans who are pretty cool and keep to themselves. You don't get the sexpat crowd of Thailand, mostly a combination of startup/digital nomads and English Teachers.

Although it is a communist country, you are more free to do what you want here than in the US/Aus. Can smoke weed in public. Police leave foreigners alone. Cost of living is much cheaper than living in Sydney and Seattle (only 2 places I have lived before). Easy to get laid if you're white (they can be brutally racist against dark skin), but not many hookers like Thailand.
whats the monsoon season like? how long does it rain for?