View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 01:03 PM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Oh let's be fair, Rochard wasnt really wondering why people live along the entire east cost, but why they aren't better prepared.

I agree with him on this as someone from FL who has lived through countless hurricanes..

It always drives me crazy to see people buying everything under the sun when a storm is near. I can understand gas shortages because you really can't stock up on gas but food water shouldn't be a issue, yet every storm people run around like monkeys buying up everything in sight.

The other thing is plywood.. Its like ok, you've had your house in FL for 5 years and still haven't bought storm shutters?

Honestly, hurricanes dont really bug me that much. I'd much rather deal with hurricanes than fires, tornadoes, flash floods or earth quakes.

Hurricanes you know its coming a week away. You have plenty of time in most cases to get ready or get out.

In FL it's not a lot of risk of flooding. I mean sure certain areas will flood but it's not like houses under water flooding like you saw in New Orleans. Its usually just some streets and a bit of water inside some houses.

The wind doing damage is the biggest issues but FL building codes are pretty damn good as far as keeping roofs from getting ripped off. Also most older code buildings have survived hurricanes for years so if they are still standing today they will usually make it through any storm short of a Andrew direct hit.
crockett is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote