View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 07:23 AM  
VRPdommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by $5 submissions View Post
If you planted the seed, should you get credited when the plant that came from that seed bears fruit?

What about the fact that the plant was growing at a healthy clip when you were in charge of it before the hand over?

Put it another way, had HILLARY WON do you think the ECONOMY would have ENDED UP THIS WAY ANYWAY?

After all, Black and Latino unemployment started dropping under Obama.

How much credit should Barack get for today's economy?
I know many either do not believe this or have given it much thought.
But I have always preached the idea that there is nothing a president can do to effect the economy in a measurable way short of 6 months. To do that in a 6-12 month period, the Bush admin put those checks in the mail twice to boost the economy in the short term. And it did boost the economy measurably in short order. Problem was he had to borrow the money from China and India to make it happen. Short term boost with a longer term deficit that they blamed on the other party.

Nothing effect the economy more than the price of OIL.
I have said before that Trump appears to be doing Putin's work in making the price of oil 'unstable' to say the least. From rejecting the Iran nuclear deal and putting those oil exports in question (directly affecting the oil futures market) to keeping the 'unrest' in oil producers in the middle east and South America.

The current price of oil will show in the economy next year.
Who will get the blame. Trump has already started to blame OPEC.

But know that the Russian economy under it's current state can not survive when oil prices are under $55 and support all that they do abroad.
Since trump took office, the price has went from about 45-$50 to $65-$75
Up over 70%

Also ask yourself who has the most to gain in a trade war.
Those who play by what rules there are or those who see it as a opportunity to forge new trading alliances.
You will not feel the effects of this for a few years but it will have a long lasting effect.

Yes, if you were writing a book on what not to do, the Trump admin seems to be using it as a playbook. I just want to know who is really guiding his thinking on this.
If you were to ask me, I'd say Putin advisors. They have everything to gain in everything Trump has done. If not the government directly, those that seem to own everything over there.

Your going to feel all of this and Trump will not be in office when you do.
Who will get the blame ?
VRPdommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote