View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 12:02 PM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna mo View Post
I had gotten the impression you were more prepared than just raiding the fridge and and then eating whatever canned food is in the pantry when that runs out. A generator is a part of a smart plan. They've got family emergency food kits at Sam's club and Costco.

water for 3 people 5 days.........
We keep canned food, water, sterno to cook with. We can live without power. We had power go out for about four hours last month, and that's when I went out and laterns. We'll live.

But I won't be running to the store last minute to buy stuff.

My point is.... People need to be more prepared. No matter where you live something can happen. Hurricane, earthquake, a dam you never heard of failing, a propane train fire... Eventually some day you might need to be required to shelter in place or evacuate. My household is prepared for both. These people who live in hurricane zones know it's coming - if not this year, then next year, or the year after that. My lord.... Make a list of what you might need and start stocking up.

People are just lazy.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote