View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 11:29 AM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
With a hurricane it's not an instant thing. One afternoon it doesn't just suddenly appear. Having some extra supplies on hand is always a good idea, but if a hurricane is coming, you have plenty of time to prepare. Personally, instead of having a full pantry, I would make sure to have a "get the fuck out" kit. I would save enough money and have it and some basic things set aside so if a hurricane headed my way I could grab my kit, get in the car and not stop driving for until I was well out of its path.
I have a "go kit". A few years ago here in my hometown we had a "propane train fire" where 2/3 of the town was evacuated. It was a mess - suddenly without warning people had to leave their houses. Since then I've had a "go kit" - mostly just a few bags with clothes, socks, etc.

I just updated it too. My kid is leaving for college and will be in Southern California, about six hours drive time away. In the event of an emergency - such as my kid being in an accident or rushed to the hospital - I am ready to go at a moment's notice. I even have charging cords for my cell and my laptop ready.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote