Thread: Business How to reach a new level?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 05:32 AM  
chokyIce

Industry Role:
Hey everyone,

Thanks a lot for being so numerous to reply. That's very kind.

I followed your advices and, except from videos of my profitable sponsor, humans are no longer redirected to the sponsor's video page, they land on an embedded video page before. Maybe it will lower the bounce rate as you said, that's something I did not give enough importance when trying to improve SEO.

I have tried media buying, not on my website but on landing pages provided by sponsors. Since I work with a dozen of sponsors, it's kinda hard to track a click => conversion (or I have to manually set up a campaign on each sponsor UI, which is too-much time-consuming. And as @wankawonk said, I don't have good landing pages, so I prefer relying on my sponsors ones, and directly link to them. Nevertheless, every attempt I did to buy traffic with banners ended in a complete loss of money. I quickly learned that you have to put lots of money on the table if you want to reach enough impressions & clicks to start converting.

I also figured out that >95% of the URLs I submitted in the sitemap in Google Search Console were actually not indexed. All my URLs are HTTPS, but my link rel="canonical" markup was leading to http ones, so I just fixed that. I hope this was the blocking point and that Google will finally index them.

Thanks for your advices,
chokyIce

PS: $500/month include rebills
chokyIce is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote