Thread: Business How to reach a new level?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 12:17 PM  
wankawonk
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
I tried to buy traffic in the past, and I just lost money.
Buying traffic profitably is really hard, but you can do it if you study up on media buying. You have to set up really good tracking and do a lot of split-testing to see what works.

I don't see any good landing pages on your site, either--your pages are good for direct or google traffic, but they won't convert pop/skim traffic. You want to have clickable thumbnails prominently displayed--think of the TGP landers for brazzers or mofos, or the home page of beeg.

I think with a site like yours you'll always struggle to get google traffic, because you don't offer full videos. There's not much reason for users to want to come back to your site, and google will notice and not rank you. But if you're monetizing your users as well as you say ($500 for <30k uniques is straight up wild) you should be able to find opportunities to buy traffic at a profit.

BTW, I really like your idea to have a "download full video" button that takes you to the video at the paysite. It seems like that's working really well for you and I can see it generating a lot of good clicked traffic for your sponsors.
wankawonk is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote