View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 12:23 PM  
just a punk
So fuckin' bored

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyTheDog View Post
It gave me a headache but I got it in the end - CyberSEO you are wrong - I see what you are saying but it's just one of those strange things that maths throws up occasionally...
I also see what you say and I have to admit that this thing will really work with some initial assumptions (at least 4 of them). Yes, I was thinking about it for a while and I see the way it will be working, but once again: all the conditions must be applied. At least I can describe these conditions by straight math formulas (not stupid videos or comics for imbeciles).

The key thing there is when exactly you've made a choice, did you tell about it to the game host who knows where the prize is and who wants to help you to reduce the probability from 1/3 to 1/2 and he will never remove the door with the prize. If all these things are correct, yes it will work, because the second iteration uses the merged variables (so variable "c" was not removed but it was added to "b"):

1st iteration: a+b+c=100
2nd iteration: a+d=100, where d=b&c, "a" and "d" have 50/50 chance, but with an amendment that "d" is "b" and "c" combined together.

Yes, in this case it will work. I do agree.