View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 08:20 AM  
just a punk
So fuckin' bored

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MuchMark View Post
Nope sorry that's incorrect. The movie clip does a great job of explaining it. Here's a more detailed explanation though: https://betterexplained.com/articles...-hall-problem/
That's nothing but just blah-blah (no single formula). I have explained it above on a childish level. In this formula: a+b=100 both doors have a 50% probability (in mathematics we call these variables equiprobable events). There is no "c" variable, because the 3rd door (it could be located at any of 3 places) was already removed from the equation (watch the movie scene again please) and this fact doesn't add any additional weight to "a" over "b". There are still only 2 (two) doors. One of them has a prize, the other one has not. Change your mind or not, but the prize will not teleport anywhere.

Why you people are so easy to be tricked and manipulated? Do you believe in Santa, Jesus Christ or flat Earth maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by balint-glm View Post
It's nothing to do with Jedi mind tricks, it's probability. It's okay if you don't agree with a theory but "said that one door now has 66% and other 33% (which one and why the hell???)" you just don't get it
It was exactly what I say. Remember the picture you have posted above? It was a pure manipulation because in all 3 sequences the diamond was in the 1st cup. Now move it to the 2nd and 3rd one and this "proof" will stop working. The picture authors simply manipulate with your mind to give you an illusion they are right, because they "forgot" to show you two other variants (actually they did the say as TV propaganda here or there does every day - RT, CNN, FOX, BBC etc). Change the initial parameters (the diamond's position) and the "proof" will fall apart just like a card house. Actually that's why there are only videos and pictures for the Monty Hall trick but no single mathematical proof with formulas. Pics and videos do really work for silly and uneducated people, but formula is something where the lie can be caught just easily.

If you guys want, I can make an online simulator of this game and you'll see that all your "explanations" are just a bullshit for redneck housewives. I can post you a ton of videos that also "prove" that planet Earth is flat. I can even "prove" that Jesus Christ is really a son of the God and the God's reincarnation on Earth. I will use the Occam's razor to "prove" the God's existence (which actually it was created for) and course I can "prove" the existence of Santa Claus.