View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 12:59 AM  
just a punk
So fuckin' bored

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBJ View Post
you are such a fucking moron that just likes to argue with USA people..
That's not my problem what your education sucks and that's why you are using Russian rockets in the 21st century. I'll give you the same link again: Don't Switch! Why Mathematicians' Answer to the Monty Hall Problem is Wrong - IMA

There is a good explanation why you post bullshit and there is a mathematical proof of it. Learn to read math formulas and come back later.

Once again the so-called "Monty Hall Problem" has nothing to do with mathematics and probability theory. It's about humans psychology. I can show you the programs that can "read your mind" and guess which side of a coin you have imagined in your head. And in most cases it will win you using the statistics of your previous decision (actually it uses a very simple formula). But you can easily level your chances to 50/50 if you won't imagine the coin, but just use a real one instead. The program will be totally confused.

In case of "Monty Hall Problem" with two remaining doors the best option will be... to use a coin. Because there is a 50% chance that the prize is behind the 1st door (from left of from right - you decide) and 50% is that the prize is behind the 2nd door (from left or from right). If you're an European, you will count the doors from left to right, if you are an Arab or a Jew, you will count them from right to left. Changing your mind will not teleport the prize from left door to the right one or vice versa. The prize will still be there where it was before the empty 3rd door was opened. Because when the 3rd door was excluded from the equation, you have only two doors and there is no 66.6(6)% chance for one of them and 33.3(3)% for another. Both have absolutely the same chance and the sum of all chances can not be more than 100 (at least in our University).