View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 12:43 AM  
just a punk
So fuckin' bored

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBJ View Post
um, but did you go past 7th grade? lol this is a college level class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem
Don't post this bullshit here. This is just a thing which is based on human's psychology and has nothing to do with probability theory (it doesn't change the actual chance). And course there is no mathematical proof of it. So please don't try to look smart by picking up some "smart" quotes from wikipedia. The authors of that movie have tried to do the same and they fucked up.

Wanna look smart? Learn to read the mathematical formulas model: Don't Switch! Why Mathematicians' Answer to the Monty Hall Problem is Wrong - IMA and let me repeat: go to the school already.

Just a quote:

Quote:
It looks as if America is in some very serious trouble!
I'll try to explain it to you on a kiddie level (w/o formulas, since you just don't understand 'em). Look, there are 2 doors left (3rd one is opened and it's empty). Fist one has the price. Now tell me how your decision to chance it to 2nd will teleport the price from 1st to the 2nd one? Do you understand that your decision doesn't change the objects inside the closed doors? Also which one you should consider 1st and which one 2nd? From the left or from the right? Maybe you are Arab and used to count them from right to left? Think about it