View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 03:25 AM  
MFCT
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Lately, like many of you, I've had a perplexing lack of signups/sales and lesser traffic than I should be getting, based on history. I was not aware that CTB had modified their affiliate links on the Linking Codes page until I saw it mentioned here.

A lot of my affiliate links are hard-coded. I checked what I'd coded a few months ago against the updated affiliate links. I found subtle differences in the new links. I think its probably best to be sending clicks to CTB using link codes in the syntax their server is expecting. So I painstakingly recoded everything, being careful to copy/paste the full link instead of only adding the obvious "signup_notice=1".

It may not be necessary to do this. I can't say that the old links don't work as intended. But on the other hand I don't want to leave things to chance, I don't to play with my income. So I took the time just now to make all the changes and to get everything up to par.

If I notice an earth-shattering jump in stats/numbers, I'll let y'all know.