View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 07:42 AM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
I cannot guess the numbers....

It's very obvious the Trump administration has been a complete and utter disaster. He has been in office nearly two years, accomplished nothing, and is now neck deep in a scandal where Trump and his staff is being investigated for treason. He just admitted yesterday on Twitter that his son, his campaign manager, and his personal attorney took a meeting where they planned to violate US campaign laws - and most likely did because no one believes this meeting was about adapting Russian kids. On top of all of this, his policies and the recent tariffs have had a huge impact on his own voters most of whom will vote against anything Republican.

I also think there is a fairly good sized group of swing voters that will vote Democrat because of all of the above.

This is exactly like Nixon and Watergate. I am sure during the time of Watergate there was staunch Republicans who believed in Nixon, and defending him until the very end. We now know exactly what happened during Watergate, and it was really bad. History has judge Nixon and everyone around them, and it surely isn't favorable. It was a dark moment in American history. People fail to remember a lot of what happened during the Watergate investigation. After Nixon was impeached and resigned, the investigation continued. Just because Nixon resigned doesn't mean everyone else who violated the law gets off the hook. I think just under 70 people were indicted, and nearly all of them went to prison if only for a short amount of time.

"Russiagate" is very similar. Dozens of people have been indicted. Manafort, Trump's campaign manager, is currently on trail, obviously guilty, and is going to prison for a long time. Cohen is next. If that isn't bad enough, Mueller seems to be even more interested in the secret Trump Tower meeting where it's become plainly obvious US election law has been broken.

This is incredible to watch. Every week brings more lies and more scandals, and the President has accomplished nothing. Every week the Trump administration digs itself deeper into a hole.

History will judge all of this.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote