View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 09:09 PM  
8pt-buck
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamWinterReturns View Post
Looking under the hood is strange. I’m used to my 60’s classics and not seeing a carburetor is confusing. Consoles? Seat belts? Stereo? My daily driver had that and more but I prefer simplicity. I did add an FM radio and C D player *shame*

My grandparents drove Impalas and loved them. Cars back then were made right. Today they look like they’re made of tin.

If the older Buick had rust, you must be on the East Coast. Two of my classics had rust and needed complete restorations. The California cars had zero rust which I’d never seen. New England weather is hell on cars.

What made you go with American? Brand loyalty?
Chevy is a fave when it comes to brand names. You're right, I miss my carburetor cars as daily drivers.
Adjusting the points / my MSD ignition / 3hrs changing the water pump and that's removing the radiator too.

I still have the 73 Nova SS tucked away. I bought that years ago because it's the last year for the Nova SS. Miss my canary yellow 73 fast back too. It had the 351W with the fin on the trunk. It looked good but the engine was tired.
You're right, funny the Corvette I owned had the basic factory dial adjusting AM/FM radio.

When I drive the Nova, I leave the radio off. Can't hear it anyway over the loud exhaust. 350 / 300hp / Headers with 3" pipes attached to cherry bomb glass packs. That car is loud. When I downshift at night, the street lights up red fire from the backfiring.

I installed interior toggle switch On/Off red lights in the wheel wells along with windshield wiper tub in the trunk with the lines running in to the wheel wells so I can soak my own tires. Soak the tires, flip the red light toggle and when I smoke em up, the tire smoke appears to come out red.
8pt-buck is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote