View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 02:56 AM  
nico-t
emperor of my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Falcon View Post
US foreign policy hasn't changed in a long time. It will continue to go that way no matter who is in office. Wasn't Obama just managing the wars Bush started and mostly cleaning up his mess? Also didn't Obama win a peace prize?
Obama won that prize in 2009, the year he started his presidency. It was a joke. I remember there was a lot of discussion of the credibility of that prize because of that: How does someone get a nobel prize for peace if he hasn't done anything for it yet?

And don't get me wrong: Bush was War Inc. and i thought for a moment when Obama became president that he would pull out the wars. I was younger and a bit more naive thinking it would make any difference which puppet is in office.

8 years later and Obama proved himself to be Bush 2.0 instead. He didn't 'manage' and 'clean up' anything. He not only continued the wars but started new bombings, invasions and 'regime changes' to expand it even more. Now, there has never been greater chaos in the world: The middle east is bombed to shit, Europe has become a terrorist playground, millions of migrants disrupt our societies, etc.

We'll see where we are after Trumps term(s). War Inc. is my most important factor i judge presidents on and so far they all turned out to be mere puppets of that business.
nico-t is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote