View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 09:11 AM  
marcop
Content Producer

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceboi View Post
Fair enough, but no one is asking you to do research, listing a few websites that left an impression on you would suffice.
I took a look at some sites, and IMHO all the Greg Lansky sites like BlackedRaw, Tushy, etc., look really good. FILF.com has really eye-catching graphics and images--one of the best I've ever seen. As for tube sites, I like ClipHunter.com as there's a lot of white space in their design, making it easy for the eye to wander around the screen.

What I didn't like about the Beeg.com site you mentioned was there was nowhere for the eye to "hook" on to a design feature, so I just kept looking at the screen sort of randomly, which I found confusing. That was what my "less-is-less" comment was about. There's nothing wrong with creating something that looks modern--avant-garde, even--but you don't have to throw out the basics of good layout and design to do that, IMHO.
marcop is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote