View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 12:28 PM  
thommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn_Tasty1 View Post
Must all people choose between Germany uber Alles or America First, or are there alternatives?

All go nuts in those political topics. I can only say Trump has right about the 2% if you look in what state the Dutch army is in.
We wouldn't even stand longer than 1 day when the enemy cross the border. Shouting pang Pang pang cause the goverment even doesn't buy bullets.
The Dutch soldiers go on mission without proper equipment. They even buy their own bulletproof jackets in the dumpstores themselves...
And many many other stories how bad it is cause the government spent less and less while the soldiers went on more and more missions.
I disagree with most missions, better do less missions. But when you sent troops, give them at least good equipment.
Due to EU rules and stupid dutch politicians the Dutch army doesn't even buy the Dutch made bulletproof jackets.
Too expensive. While the USA buys those jackets in the Netherlands cause they are the best! Strange, isn't it.
normaly the USA buys own jackets, but they wanted the best and that are those Dutch jackets.
So if the pressure from Trump make investments go faster in the dutch army, i support him.

And in Holland endless talks about the Joint Strike Fighter. The liberals like to point that out. It is a lot of money. But Holland spent the same amount of money in Healthcare in 2 weeks...
i am the very last one who would choose "Germany über alles" - I am not a nationalist and I can see a lot of things going wrong in Germany.

it is also not about the fact that the european NATO is not really a troup of fighters and it was never since WW2. I think we did quite fine with that and I prefer the diplomatic ways to resolve a problem.

but this here is fucking senseless discussion because all what is in this 2% agreement is written down and it says CLEARLY that the goal to realize that is 2024.

also it can not be used as a must.
what happens in a crisis ?
how do you want to finance an army when the 2% of GDP are only 50% of the money you had before?

Germany did exactly that and STILL spendet the same as before but in the crsisi years it was 3,5% of Germany´s GDP.

or tell me what Luxembourg is doing ?
their army have 1100 people !!!!
and their GDP is very high.
will they buy a ferrari for each army member just to get on the 2% ???

in 2017 the countries in the world spendet in just ONE year :
1.740.000.000.000 us dollar

imagine this amount of money and what the world would be able to do with it.

now lets see what the "enemies" are spending from that:

china 228 billion
russia 66 billion

so on one hand 294 billion from "enemies" against 1.446 billion from the "not enemies"

and this is the status quo. this IS already the fact.

trump now think that this is far too few.
but he does not say he want to decrease the us spendings - no he wants more for that too. what he actually wants is to sell weapons to the allies - weapons what they do not need because there is no war around.

anyway IF there would be a direct war between this big nations tanks would not save us. it would be a nuclear war and this would mean: the end of the planet.

66 billion from russia in 2017 and everyone is afraid of them ???

if the world is afraid of russia who spend 66 billion and the rest of the world 1.446 billion - these weapons for 1.446 billion must be a big crap.

we should better save this money and invest it in the future instead in the end of this planet. only an idiot will not understand that.